Centerline restraint system
Heavy or outsized cargo that requires positioning at the centerline of the aircraft, is traditionally strapped to the aircraft floor. Strapping requires additional ground-time during the loading and unloading process and occupies as a minimum 50 % more space.
Cargo loading component by Telair
The Telair designed Center Line Restraint (CLR) system provides guidance and restraint components that allow the positioning and restraint of 10 Ft, 16 Ft or 20 Ft pallets on the centerline of the aircraft without the requirement to strap the load down. The system utilizes available tie-down locations within the aircraft floor as well as available cargo system components to transfer loads up to 31.250 lbs for a 16 or 20 Ft pallet.
During the loading/unloading operation, specific components are used to align the pallet perfectly at the centerline where guiding units manage the controlled movement forward or aft on the aircraft. At the pallet parking positions, side restraints lock the pallet in place. The kit can be provided as add-on kit for Boeing 747-400 production and conversion freighters as well as for the Boeing 767-300 conversion aircraft.
- Boeing 767 – Main Deck
- STC certified
- Lead time 6 months
- Auxiliary side guides and locks
- Location aft of wing-box (STA 1500 – 1780)
- Loads up to 31.250 lbs with standard pallets
- Loads up to 36.633 lbs with Telair hybrid pallets
- No modification of aircraft structure
- Easy removal / installation of system
- No need for permanent installation
- Provides centerline restraint to 10, 16 and 20 Ft pallets
- High reduction in loading / unloading time for heavy cargo
- No need for straps
- No risk of improper restraint ULDs
- Ability to fully use pallet positions directly forward and aft of the load
- Minimal 50% reduction in loss of revenue space